Board of Director Election - 2014
The NFPA Board of Directors serve a two year term. Each year one-half of the positions on the Board of Directors are elected by the voting members of NFPA.
The voting period for the election has been extended until March 24th to provide more time for voters to request and send mail-in ballots.
- Thursday, January 16th - Nominations due
- Wednesday, February 20th - Voting period begins
- Monday, March 24th - Voting period ends
- Tuesday, March 25th - Ballots counted
- March 25th - 31st - Resolution and notification for ties and write-ins
- Monday, March 31st - Candidates Notified
- Wednesday, April 2nd - Results posted and e-mailed to Board members
Who can Vote
The voter list for the NFPA Board of Directors election includes all persons who were active members on January 31, 2014. Agency, Affiliate, and Honorary memberships do not have voting rights.
Each voting membership may have either one or two votes. If your membership profile includes a "Spouse/Partner First Name", then both persons can cast a vote. If no "Spouse/Partner First Name" is listed in your membership profile, then one vote can be cast.
How to Vote
Eligible voters can cast their votes by one of two methods:
- Vote online using NFPA's secure election service. Browse to http://votingplace.net/nfpa
- Call or email the NFPA office and request that a paper ballot be mailed to you. Note that paper ballots must be received back to the NFPA office no later than March 24, 2014.
- Region 2: Antoinette Sumter Cotman
- Region 4: No nominations were received. Write-ins are accepted.
- Region 6: Lana Freeman
- Region 8: Mary "Christy" Cleveland, Emily Garcia, Corrie Lynne Player
- Region 10: No nominations were received. Write-ins are accepted.
Regional vice-presidents represent the following states and territories within their region.
Region 2: New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
Region 4: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
Region 6: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas
Region 8: Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Utah, Wyoming
Region 10: Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington