Foster Parents’ Bill of Rights
Generally adopted as laws by the state legislature, often in response to foster parent advocacy.
Do you have one in your jurisdiction?
Although there are 16 states that have a Foster Parent Bill of Rights, only the 10 below mentioned states have legislated them into law.
- Alabama (Code of Ala. 38-12A-2)
- Georgia (OCGA 49-5-281)
- Illinois (20 ILCS 520/1-15)
- Louisiana (La. R.S. 46:286.13)
- Maryland (Md. Fam. L. Code Ann. § 5-504)
- Mississippi (Miss. Code Ann. § 43-15-13)
- Missouri (§ 210.566 R.S. Mo.)
- Oklahoma (10 Okl. St. § 7206.1)
- Tennessee (Tenn. Code Ann. § 37-2-415)
- Washington (Wash. Rev. Code §74.13.332)